Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ah...sweet silence. Natalie is down for a nap, and the boys are at the park. Life is good. =)

First, some random pictures.


Getting her daily dose of Vitamin D.



Sadly, I had just picked up 5 minutes before taking this picture.
I'm not sure why I bother.


Mom...cut it out.


Blurry picture of the kids bundled up for a bike ride.



Standing tall

It had been going on two weeks since Natalie's last blowout. Now she's had three in the past two days. Making up for lost time, I guess. Last night, I was trying to get her to sleep and she wasn't having any part of it. Normally, she's a very easy baby to get to sleep, so I knew something was up, but it took me awhile to figure it out. Every time she wiggled and squirmed, I smelled coffee, and I kept sniffing her hair to try to figure out where the smell was coming from (no, I don't know why I thought her hair was the logical answer, but that's how my mind works). Finally, after about half an hour, I got the brilliant idea to sniff a little lower, and yup - major blowout. No wonder the poor girl didn't want to go to sleep. And why her poo smelled like coffee is still a mystery. Much like the chicken noodle soup mystery.

She's been fighting a little diaper rash, so I decided to leave her undiapered while I made a quick dash across the hall for a clean onesie and sleeper. Big mistake. I came back in the room to find her happily bouncing on the bed in a puddle of her own pee. All I could do is laugh. The sheets needed to be changed anyway.

And the last random story took place over the weekend. I found a recipe online for the cinnamon & cream cheese sauces that IHOP uses for their Cinn-A-Stacks (very yummy, by the way). The recipe calls for brown sugar, and when Sammy saw the clear canister of brown sugar on the counter, he said, "You playing with dirt, Mommy?" I thought it was funny, so I played along for awhile, but then I realized that probably wasn't such a great idea. He liked the "dirt sauce" a lot - what do you think the odds are he's going to make his own "dirt sauce" outside later this week? Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment