Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Craft day!

This is not really a project that a toddler can help with, but it's fun to play with afterwards. It only takes about 5 minutes to cut out the pieces. While I cut out the parts, Sammy made a collage.

I'll call it "funny faces". It's kind of like a Mr. Potato Head, but the pieces are a lot easier to replace if they get lost.

Materials needed: sheets of different colored felt, scissors, and imagination.

Cut out a circle or oval for the face. Using different colors of felt, cut out various features and accessories. I made two noses, two sets of eyebrows, two sets of eyes, two mouths, and two "head toppings" (one hairpiece and one hat).


Because it's felt, you can just stick the features on to the felt face, and easily peel them off to make a different face. I didn't start out thinking that I was going to make Bert, but that's kind of how it happened. My interpretation:


Sammy's interpretation:

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute.
    Any birthday card or craft idea's? It is Daddy's birthday this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Thanks!
    -BethAustinTexas

    ReplyDelete